Organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a natural and effective way to improve the health and wellbeing of your furry friends. It has been used for centuries for its medicinal and nutritive qualities in humans and more recently has been found to be an ideal supplement for animals as well. But what exactly is organic apple cider vinegar, and why is it so beneficial? Let’s take a closer look at this natural remedy and discover how it can benefit your pet.
What is Organic Apple Cider Vinegar?
Organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) is made from raw, unfiltered apples that have been fermented with bacteria and yeast. During the fermentation process, the apples turn into acetic acid, which gives ACV its distinct sour flavor and pungent smell. Unpasteurized ACV also contains “the mother”—a colony of beneficial bacteria, enzymes, minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium and proteins that give it its murky brownish-gray color. These benefits are often lost when regular white or balsamic vinegars are used instead. Additionally, these antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial benefits have been found to be greatly beneficial for your pets.
The Benefits of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for Pets
ACV has many benefits when used as part of your pet’s diet or as a topical treatment. Here are just some of the ways in which it can help your pet:
- Helps reduce bad breath – ACV works on neutralizing odors in the mouth by killing bacteria responsible for bad breath. It also helps keep teeth clean by removing plaque buildup on the teeth.
- Improves digestive health – ACV helps maintain healthy pH levels in the stomach, which helps digestion and reduces gas. It also helps pets absorb more nutrients from their food by breaking down proteins, fats, carbohydrates, and fiber more efficiently. Organic ACV can help support your pet’s digestive system by providing probiotics and aiding digestion.
- Organic apple cider vinegar helps support digestion in both cats and dogs by assisting with the breakdown of food molecules which makes them easier to absorb.
- Reduces skin irritations – Topically applied ACV can help treat minor skin irritation such as dandruff or dryness caused by allergies or fleas. It can also help with itching caused by yeast infections or hotspots. Acetic acid content has been found to have antibacterial qualities to make it an effective natural remedy against fleas and other parasites as well that can cause discomfort or sickness in your pets. Furthermore, some pet owners report that their animals experience fewer fleas after incorporating organic apple cider vinegar into their diets due to its natural repellent qualities.
- Supports joint health – Adding ACV to your pet’s diet can help reduce inflammation associated with arthritis or other joint problems. It also helps promote circulation throughout the body for improved muscle function and overall mobility.
- Boosts immunity – The beneficial acids found in ACV help alkalize the body, which strengthens immune system response against viruses and bacteria that could otherwise cause illness or disease in pets.
How to Use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with Your Pet
Organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a powerful addition to your pet's diet. Health Extension Pet Foods contain safe amounts of ACV already, so you don't need to worry about overdoing it. If you would like to add more however, before giving it to your pets make sure you consult with your veterinarian first to ensure it's safe for them to use/consume given their age & breed type (as well as check what kind of dosage would be most appropriate).Organic apple cider vinegar has been used as a traditional remedy for centuries due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it an ideal supplement option for pets looking to stay healthy while avoiding harsh chemicals found in many over-the-counter medications. By feeding Health Extension Pet Foods you provide the quality nutrition they need without risking adverse side effects in your beloved animal companion!!